Barcelona

Nicole in Barcelona 

Beach! 

Sunrise
Nicole &I in Barcelona, sunrise at the airport in Girona, Spain.

Looking around at the "organized" clutter in my bedroom, I still can't believe that my Roma roommates and I won the "cleanest apartment" award last semester, and use of an apartment in Barcelona for the weekend. Only Nicole, Sasha and I could make the trip, but it was a nice weekend.

Highlights: Picasso museum [+ his collection of erotic Japanese prints...ahha], three hour bike tour around the city, sadly staying in the first night considering we woke up at 4 a.m. and all felt sick, being flashed by a creepy old man, Zara and Desigual, beautiful Spanish people, lost in translation at a tapas bar which resulted in paying for a lot of food we didn't ask for, watching an awesome flamenco show while sipping sangria, churros slathered in chocolate, gazpacho for lunch and paella at a restaurant attached to a market. I was also really excited that the McDonalds at the airport sold fresh orange juice.

We really didn't have a clue where we were going at night, so we definitely need to make a visit again when it's warm enough to lay on the beach. I also should revisit the Spanish language seeing as virtually all the Spanish I once knew from K-12 has since been replaced by Italian.

Sasha in Barcelona
Sasha on a break at one of the points in our tour. We learned a lot in those few hours, and definitely pedaled our butts off.

At the Park
This was the most gorgeous park, ever.

5 comments:

  1. so envious of your euro trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woweeee, so Barcelona is definitely on my list of places to visit now. I love looking at the travel pictures of people my age! Makes it easier to imagine myself exploring new places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you know any italian before you went abroad? i'm just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, so jealous! Looks like an amazing city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that first photo! so natural.

    ReplyDelete