Sartorial Resolutions

I've made plenty of great goals for this year, but I also want to revamp my closet & change the way I get dressed. Too often college students resign themselves to sweatpants, North Face jackets & battered Uggs. As I get ready to transition into my "grown up" life, it's important to remember to: get dressed! Here are some of my aspirations for my [changing] closet this year:

via Oh Joy
More color. Mix patterns, find more bold prints a la my DVF dress that looks like a Lisa Frank leopard.

by ginnybranch
Lace. Embrace sheer, tastefully lacy clothes not necessarily intended for the boudoir.






Heels. Wear more heels and "tranny heels". After I walked around on cobblestones in stilettos & discovered platform heels I realized some offer more comfort than new, stiff flats. [When I broke in my last pair of leather flats my feet were more bruised &battered than any time I wore stilettos]. This goal may have to wait until West Michigan isn't covered in ice, but I can't wait.

via Vogue Nippon


Shimmer. I am very fond of my sequin black hoodie that I bought two years ago before trampy types began raiding their closest Charlotte Russe for sequined club wear horrors. I want to tastefully wear my sequins at any hour.


Bangles & Neckerations. I want to expand my collection of cheap, fun earrings but also find more bangles [for my unnaturally small wrists] &necklaces that I can wear for years. Presently I wear a big watch &maybe earrings.

Also: More blazers!

2 comments:

  1. cannot agree more on all of these! i've been in an accessories phase and only buying jewelry, sunglasses, and belts.

    ps. if you find a good brand for tiny wrists, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've misplaced my favorite cuff, but it was an adjustable leather one... I'll never be able to find a bangle that doesn't slide off my hand! Maybe we can have better luck buying jewelry meant for tweens.

    ReplyDelete