Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins...Again

Yum

I can say with certainty that there is no other food I enjoy watching grow brown, black and mushy more than a bunch of bananas. With these in mind, I usually buy a few bunches as a typical batch will take 5 or 6 bananas. I've tried plenty of banana muffins...chocolate-chocolate banana, banana Nutella, cinnamon banana, and I've finally found those I like best are from a banana bread recipe that I modified. They are unbelievably soft, packed with bananas and just the right amount of chocolate. Read on for the recipe!

So Fresh!

These muffins are very dense!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Closer...

5 minutes before these were done baking I take them out to brush a brown sugar/water paste on top for a sweet crunch.

Dangerously Delicious

When it comes to muffins, there aren't many that I don't like [except for anything low-fat...] I want to branch out from these suckers, but these are just too good not to make as often as possible.



Diane's Banana Chocolate Chip Muffinzyields 12-15 muffins
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 5)
1 tbsp vanilla extract (I probably use 2 tbsp...I'm pretty generous & don't measure)
1 tsp cinnamon (Again, I just kind of sprinkle this liberally!)
1 tsp nutmeg
1-2 cups chocolate chips (depending on your sweet tooth) 
Preheat oven to 325F.  
Lightly spray muffin tins with Pam! 
In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. 
In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. It's going to smell real tasty. Try not to eat all the batter! Add spices.  
Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, stir just enough to moisten ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into tins! 
Bake for about 20 minutes. If you'd like the crunch topping, take them out and brush the top with 1tbsp water/3 tbsp brown sugar mixture. Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until muffins are set!  
Eat 3 muffins, fall into food coma.

Tell me what you think if you try these!


No comments:

Post a Comment