Springing Forward

For Audrey

I'm falling in love with winter things again - drinking tea, being swallowed in blankets, tights and comfort food...namely butternut squash soup. This might be because my 100 year old house is a veritable 20 degrees colder than it is outdoors, or because embracing spring would mean I've accepted that I am graduating from university in 23 days. [Didn't I just finish high school?]

In addition to coincidentally coordinating my fingernails to my mug of tea, here are some small things that made the past week pretty amazing:

♥ Finally seeing The King's Speech. Amazed by Colin Firth once again. ♥ Thunderstorms before bed, or listening to Rainymood♥ Finishing my Whitestrips ♥ Browsing cheeky swimsuits ♥ Yale offering therapy dogs to students. Why hasn't this idea gone viral? ♥ Not drinking soda in ages. Finding $15 in my Babar cookie jar. Helping an adorable client and her mother find the perfect graduation dress. Finding my own graduation dress - with school colors &bold pattern to boot. Need: pockets for snacks during commencement. ♥ Realizing I'm not the only senior experiencing anxiety attacks while looking for jobs

♥ French toast brunch at Marie Catrib's. Long wait &my eggs were a bit dry, but the french toast was pretty fluffy. Challah!!

♥ Did I mention french toast? This creme brulee french toast from Rose's with Michigan maple syrup and strawberries is the best of them all. Talk about incentive to wake up before noon. 






♥ This song, which takes me back to aperitivo with the Ed Banger crew in Roma.





♥ 90s music like this, which remind me of dancing around in piles of costume jewelry with Bridget in our Catholic school uniforms.


No comments:

Post a Comment