Things I Love

Excited
Went Back to Rose's for Round II with the Creme Brulee French Toast

The last couple of weeks of undergrad have had me holed up in my room into the early hours of the morning working on final projects. Even with meticulously planned to-do lists and working ahead of schedule, I've still been on the grind. Suffice to say sleep deprivation and  rising anxiety are requisite for any college student, but I'm eager for commencement and more eager for the steak that I will enjoy afterward. 

Here are some things I've been loving the past couple of weeks:

Anna's visit to Grand Rapids. It was an incredibly indulgent weekend [see photos] Inheriting summer threads from my roommate  Eating pizza in the dark and watching thunderstorms Completing a portfolio website The Red Wings sweeping the Coyotes this week Successfully making sugar wax at home (so cheap!) Hemp lotion and free scrubs, butters at The Body Shop Tasty, addictive mango lip balm Opportunities for improving my copywriting/design portfolio Celebratory drinks and nachos on the last day of classes ♥ Rewatching Veronica Mars


Rose's

It was 82F by 10a.m. when we went to breakfast.

Breakfast

We shared a lot of great food that weekend.

Read on for more photos!


Creme Brulee French Toast
This was just as decadent as the first time. Looking around, I noticed nearly everyone else on the patio ordered the same thing. The consistency is something akin to bread pudding...mouthwatering creme brulee bread pudding. The maple syrup was thin and not too sweet and the crust on the bread was just right.

Yum!

Crepes
Crepes packed with ricotta, chicken and...mushrooms.

Cherry Deli is a small deli near my house that serves 55 sandwiches and some amazing soups and salads. All of the sandwiches are named after streets in Grand Rapids. I've made an effort to try a different sandwich every time I visit [I think I've gotten through 15 or so] and have yet to have one that I didn't like.
Cherry Deli!
Anna's.

Messy Guac
Mine. It may have been a little sloppy, but this turkey, guacamole stuffed pita sandwich was amazing.

And on a fun note, I've taken to Photoshopping Steve Buscemi's eyes onto photos of my own friends a la Chicks with Steve Buscemeyes and given myself quite a tickle.



1 comment:

  1. Ohh my goodness, I'm loving your brunch outfits AND the food! I've had a string of visitors in China so we've been eating nonstop Chinese. I think I might go for a good sandwich today.. :)

    ReplyDelete